Friday, February 18, 2011

Explanation for Oscar rankings

#1 True Grit: This is the best movie that we have watched in class so far.
 This movie satisfied me because it had so much action scenes. True Grit is also humorous in
some scenes. My favorite scene was when Cogburn single handedly took out 4 of Chaney's men. This movie shows that there is a strong relationship between Cogburn and Mattie.

#2 Social Network: This is my second best movie because it has many funny scenes such as the chicken scene but its also informative. Throughout the movie Mark has manipulated his friends and sabotoged them because of his greed to become accepted. This movie is more about friendship

#3 Inception: I listed this as my 3rd favorite because the next three were horrible. There are some pros and cons of watching this movie. Its good because it gets you thinking about their world. Its bad because it doesnt relate to the real world.

#4 The King's Speech: This movie is very intriguing because it shows how a soon to become King cant lead a powerful country because he has speaking problems. He never gave up with the help of a therapist until he accomplished his goal. I like the lighting of the movie it looked very classical and old.

# 5 Winter's Bone: It was torture, in the beginning of the movie, but once I got a feel for what the movie was about, I wanted to know what was going to happen next. I think that when Ree cut her father's hand off it was graphic but I liked it because it was unexpecting.

#6 Toy Story 3: There is really nothing to say about this movie but that it is sinfully boring. I left after 20 minutes of the movie. The only scene I remember was when they were getting their friend back. It was somewhat funny.  

No comments:

Post a Comment